Re: Feature available?

From: Jef Poskanzer <>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 12:06:16 PDT

>I just want to know if there in Squid a function where you
>can specify a URL path like* and
>apply at a certain refresh time a permanent cache for
>all available pages from this tree downwards?

No need to put such a feature into the proxy, there are plenty
of web-traversal programs available. Just run one of them at
the designated time via a cron job, making sure it goes through
the proxy, and presto the pages get cached.

If I was going to do this I'd use my WebGrep program, written
in Java. See
If you're not already set up for Java use you probably shouldn't
bother with this.