HENSA funnies :-)

From: John Heaton <john@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 11:04:32 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Under v1.0.1 of squid I had wwwcache.hensa.ac.uk (non-harvest/squid)
configured as a parent nad noticed that we seem to be getting a lot of
document failures. The failure did not mention HENSA in any way, but
appeared to by local dns lookup failures, etc...

I had a play around with some of the links to neighbours/parents and found
that the HENSA cache seemed to be the problem, so I restarted v1.0.1 with the
HENSA cache as a neighbour and the problem documents came back OK. Switching
them back as parent gave the same error messages as before.

Under v1.0.6, we found with Duane's help that the HENSA type cache had to be
specified as a parent, which started to bring similar error messages as
before under v1.0.1. Since we cannot use HENSA as a neighbour under v1.0.6
I have commented them out altogether for now and everything seems to be
working OK.

We would like to reinstate the links to the HENSA cache, after all they are
the Nationally Funded UK cache service.

John

--
  John Heaton                       Phone: (+44 161)/(0161) 275-6011
  Manchester Computing                FAX: (+44 161)/(0161) 275-6040