Re: Error-HTML pages

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 12:11:05 +0200 (GMT)

Kurt Kayser wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I would like to see a more flexible way to handle
> error-HTML pages. Somehow that error messages are
> very interesting, but I guess nobody of our users
> will ever get a response from an E-Mail address like:
>
> Generated by squid/1.0.7@salvator.ecrc.net
>
> Couldn't we just add a certain file specified in the
> config file that would be added to the fixed
> error message output?

I was thinking that it would be a better idea to get it to mail
"person to mail when system goes down" or, even better,
add a "user_contact" field to the config file, so that it could then put a
<A href="mailto:usercontactaddr">Mail us for cache support</A> html
tag into the error message returned.

Oskar Pearson
The Internet Solution