Re: proposed change to 'pattern' ACL

From: Ong Beng Hui <ongbh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 18:25:07 +0800 (SST)

> So how about if we changed 'pattern' to be a regexp search on
> the whole URL instead of just the URL-path? Anyone have a problem
> with that?

I go for the option of a partial match as well as
a full match. Such that, a modifier tag be added to
the ACL line of which part of the full URL to be
match.

This will speed things up for a large ACL entries.

A regex search for the whole URL will solve the problem
for a more precise match including the userid and password.
But might cause additional performance issue on large
ACL sets.

*8)
Ong Beng Hui
ongbh@singnet.com.sg