Re: Selective cache.

From: Tom Minchin <tom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 13:09:02 +1000 (EST)

> >same thing happens with www.altavista.digital.com.
> >after I discovered all these sites are effected, my cache is now
> >neutralized for almost a month, but I really want to go back to using it,
> >anybody with an idea?
> >
> >Linux 2.0.0 on Intel, Squid 1.0.3
>
> sounds like the MTU problem reported by others (with fix). See
> http://www.nlanr.net/Squid/squid-users-archive/latest/681

The default MTU on the linux ifconfig is already 1500.

Ob: I'm still having trouble working out why my Squid won't cache FTP
objects. If it connects directly (not thru a parent) it happily caches
the object, if it has to parent the object, the objects TTL is expired
as soon as it arrives. My max FTP object size is 10Mb, my memory pool
is 32Mb. Is the FTP object being tainted by the inability of the parent
to cache it?

tom@iacom.com.au