Re: Can I do thsi with squid ?

From: Lars Fenneberg <lf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 22:38:13 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi!

You, Mario de Mello Bittencourt Neto, said:

> I have ssen a lot of programs that allow you to browse off-line
> (freeloader,webcopy,...) and I would like to do the same and take
> advantage of squid. I have found that Netscape, Disney, microsoft sites
> are accessed every day (with other sites) so I would like to program
> (using this "new" feature) squid to automatically "download" or access and
> store in tis cache such sites during low traffic periods...I know that the

        Well, you can extract a list of the most accessed sites from the
        access.log and then feed this list to webcopy which then fetches
        these documents through squid and discards them afterwards. There
        really is no need for this functionality directly in squid.

Regards,
                Lars.

--
Lars Fenneberg,  lf@elemental.net,   phone: +49 40 524 42 24
fingerprint D1 28 F1 FF 3C 6B C0 27  CC 9C 6C 09 34 0A 55 18