Squid 1.1.12 with Proxy Authentication

From: Vincent Gillet <vincent@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 16:37:12 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

Does anybody sucess using "proxy authentication" included in
Squid 1.1.12 ?

I try it, but it does not seems to work at all.

Squid does not ask for any authentication to access.

I also had to change "proxy_auth_file" to "proxy_authentication" in
squid.conf included in distrib (must be a mistake).

Also, I read code, and find in client_side.c some strange things ...

line 79, clientProxyAuthCheck is a fonction :
static int clientProxyAuthCheck(icpState)
     icpStateData *icpState;
{

line 118, clientProxyAuthCheck is an int :
#if USE_PROXY_AUTH
    if (clientProxyAuthCheck == 0) {