Re: Running 2 Squid Caches

From: Alex Sharaz <A.Sharaz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 10:02:17 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 28 Aug 96 09:06:42 -0700 Duane Wessels <wessels@nlanr.net> wrote:

[snip]

> The only other arrangement you might consider is to make one a parent
> for the other, but the other a neighbour for the first, e.gg:
>
> on wwwcache2:
> cache_host wwwcache1.hull.ac.uk parent ...
>
> on wwwcache1:
> cache_host wwwcache2.hull.ac.uk neighbor ...
>
> Then wwwcache1 would in theory contain everything that wwwcache2 contains
> but not necessarily the other way around. Then your neighbors could
> just ping wwwcache1. This may not make much sense, depending on what
> is your motivation for having two caches.

Basically, I don't have a lot of disk space available on 1 machine, but I can
sneak in about 200M on 2 different machines. At some point "Real soon now"
I've been told that we will be purchasing/ making available a dedicated Web
Cache machine, but I don't know when it will happen nor how much disk space
will be available.

Alex

Rfc822:A.Sharaz@ucc.hull.ac.uk
X.400:I=A;S=Sharaz:ou=Computer Centre;O=Hull;Prmd=UK.AC;C=GB
X.500:cn=Alexander Sharaz@ou=Computer Centre@o=University of Hull@c=GB
Sent using Simeon 4.0.9 over Win-OS2