Re: DEAD PARENT/SIBLING detected falsely? (was: two squids on the same machine)

From: Richard Hall <hall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 10:09:03 -0400 (EDT)

I'm having a similar problem with oceana.nlanr.net and
uc.cache.nlanr.net, so this may not be due to your unusual setup. Please
include me in subsequent discussions.

What does "Source Ping is disabled" mean? Maybe our squids are having
trouble using ping at all?

It sounds like your squids recognize each other for a while, then fail.
Mine never gets an ACK from either parent. My log looks just like yours,
so I won't include an excerpt.

Richard Hall
Network Services
University of Tennessee