Re: Does Squid make use of its own Log file

From: Cord Beermann, Webmaster der FH Lippe <webadm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 13:03:30 +0200 (MET DST)

Hallo! Du (Ng Pek Yong) hast geschrieben:

>Does squid make use of its own file, i.e.
> access.log
> hierarchy.log
> store.log

>If not, I would like to prune the log files from time to time.

These Diles are not used by squid itself.

You can rotate them with squid by setting the logfile_ratate
directive and sending the squid-process a SIGUSR1-Signal.

>#Note: I believe cahce_dir/logs is being used by squid, right?

Yes. It is used to reload the Cache after a restart.

Cord

--
Cord Beermann, Webmaster der FH Lippe
webmaster@www.fh-lippe.de | http://www.fh-lippe.de/people/webadm/