First questions

From: Roberto Machado <racm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 00:51:20 -0300 (EST)

Hi, All!

 We're testing squid at our ISP, and it looks very well.

 I have 2 questions for now, and in a short time some more will come up.
 Hope you all be patient... ;-)

 1 - Where can I find complete documentation on squid? Does the harvest
     docs do any good to get started?

 2 - How can any user force a reload to a document? Connecting a Web
     Explorer browser to a proxy running squid, and pressing the reload
     button, appears records like "TCP_HIT" in the access.log (assuming a
     cached document). But with Netscape for BSDI, the records are like
     "TCP_REFRESH". Why the different behaviour?

     What does "TCP_REFRESH" really means? The object was reloaded or just
     checked for differences? And if the former happens, what can I do to
     disable it, because it would do no good if any single user can affect
     the behaviour of the cache.

Thank's

Sincerely, Roberto.