Re: FAQ ? and answer to newuser question

From: Cord Beermann, Webmaster der FH Lippe <webadm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 16:33:22 +0200 (MET DST)

Hallo! Du (Dave Behr) hast geschrieben:

>What you said makes sense. But I am still wondering what the difference
>between a neigbour and a parent is. Does squid handle talking to a parent or
>a neigbour differently - why have the 2 catagories?

A Neighbor sends an object to you if it has the object already in
the cache.

A parent sends an object to you if it has the object, or if it is
the fastest parent it will get itself the object and send it to you.

For Caching in general you should refer to
http://www.nlanr.net/Cache/

>BTW, I got 4 copies of your message!!??

Hmmm. You should get two if you are subscribed to the Squid-Users
list.

Cord

--
Cord Beermann, Webmaster der FH Lippe