Re: Save 15% on your bandwidth...

From: Gunnar Ingvi Þórisson <gunni@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 13:44:48 +0100

> From: Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@GNS.com.br>
> To: squid-users@nlanr.net
> Subject: Re: Save 15% on your bandwidth...
> Date: 14. september 1996 19:56
>
> > >Why not just add a special rule in squid
> > >so that netscape distributions get cached *much* longer? ;-)
> >
> > The point is that there are many mirrors around the world and our users
tend
> > to visit them all.
>
> Is there anyway that I could redirect all requests to
ftpx.netscape.com/blabla/n32.exe to the same ftp site, e.g.,
ftp5.netscape.com and then write a ttl_pattern rule so that this site only
stays longer.
> Is it applicable?

A redirect rule should be implemented, also an option to prevent users to
access certain sites, for example at certain times like you can specify on
what time squid is available to each net / sites.

Best regards,
Gunnar Ingvi Thorisson
System Administrator and programmer
Iceland Software Inc.