Re: Reload new page .

From: Ong Beng Hui <ongbh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 23:33:50 +0800 (SST)

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Pierre-Yves Kerembellec wrote:
> > When I modified a page in my localhost,
> > and want to look at this new page using MSIE 3.0 ,
> > it's impossible to see the modification.

I cannot confirm this but...

it seems that Squid doesn't use GET IMS to check
if the page is properly updated. Squid accept
GET IMS from browser end, but it didn't seems
to send GET IMS request to the web site.

I thought it will be nice to force a GET IMS
fetch for every request from the browsers. It
might hurt the cache performance, but it can
ensure consistancy.

*8)
Ong Beng Hui
ongbh@singnet.com.sg