Re: redirector in squid-1.1b4

From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <fessel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 12:42:58 +0200

In message <Pine.BSI.3.95.960929145606.4813B-100000@olympus.cyburbia.net.au>you
 write:
> defined a redirector using the perl script in the release-notes, I got a
> core dump and a log of 'all redirectors exited'. Has anyone got a simple,

I used the mentioned example, and it works.
Be sure to have exec-permissions on the file and the correct filename in
squid.conf.

I do think the redirector-facility is a hot shot and requires some work, esp.
better error-handling to become usable in production systems. There should be
a way to restart redirectors in case they exit, and an option to restart them
automatically after some time-period has expired. If this features are
availible, it is acceptable to dump core if no redirector is restartable, but
as it stands now, you must keep a script have an eye on squid...

When i use perl as redirector, the problem is that perl may eventually hit
some memory limits and exit...

Grüße
        Oskar

    Jan-Hinrich Fessel, F424C4, DeTeMobil Münster
                                           Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfällt