request headers considered for caching?

From: Jake Donham <jake@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 16:22:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'd like to use Squid as an httpd accelerator. However, my application uses
the Cookie/Set-Cookie HTTP headers. Will Squid take these into account when
it caches a page, or does it only consider the URL?

I poked around in the source, and from icp.c:icp_hit_or_miss(), it appears
that the URL and the request method are used as the key into the store,
meaning that the HTTP headers are not used. Can anyone confirm/refute this?

Thanks.

--------
J.A.K.E.
I saw something nasty in the woodshed.