Re: Req: Sparc Solaris Squid binaries...

From: Miguel L. Dimayuga <mld@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 17:30:30 +0800 (PST)

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, John Beranek wrote:

> The only problem is that Squid is generally a source-only distribution,
> and the machine I have access to refuses to compile anything much more
> complex than a "Hello World" program.
>
> Hence my request; I'd be very grateful if someone has a compiled version
> of Squid for a Sun Sparc running Solaris. Below are details of 'uname -a'
> for completeness.

Hi John,

You don't need to have to compile this program since it is written in
perl.

All you need is the perl program.

I have a Sun System myself. Btw, if you need to, why don't you get
yourself a copy of gnu programs like GCC. That should end your worries
about not having a compiler.

Migs =)

> Thanks for any help.
>
> John
>
> % uname -a
>
> SunOS valhalla 5.5 Generic_blah_blah sun4d sparc SUNW,SPARCserver-1000
>
> --
> John Beranek, Software Engineer, Acorn Risc Technologies, Cambridge, UK
> (01223) 577811

Miguel =)

MIGUEL DE LEON DIMAYUGA
Network Manager, Network Operations Center

SKY Internet email: mld@skyinet.net
1670 Quezon Avenue phone: +63 2 411-2005
Quezon City fax: +63 2 411-2003
Philippines