Newbie question

From: Werner Frank <wfrank@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 96 15:33:52 +0100

Hi, I want to replace CERN caching proxy with squid, more exactly I want to
disable caching on the CERN proxy server and want to have caching done by
squid.

What I have:

        Internet

        gatekeeper (running CERN proxy without caching)

        -------- firewall

       Intranet site1 server (CERN proxy)

       Intranet site2 server (CERN proxy)

I want to add squid cache to both Intranet site1 and site2. There are also some
other server near Intranet site1.

My question: Must I replace the CERN proxy running on gatekeeper with a
squid cache configured as parent to Intranet site 1 or can I operate it
as I do now ? How do I tell the squid at Intranet site1 to forward some
requests to the gatekeeper proxy (- and some to either site2 or another
internal webserver ?

TIA,
Werner Frank, SysKonnect
wfrank@syskonnect.de