Re: Neighboring woes

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 12:30:03 +0000

On Tue 8 Oct, 1996, Christian Balzer <cb@brewhq.swb.de> wrote:
>Actually that's the wrong idea (though it might be worthy to add this
>info), as the original headers of the data and maybe the time these
>were veryfied the last time should be sufficient to allow us to make

tricky when there isn't a Last-modified: header, as seems to happen
on some documents. In the UK we did have a 'famous' case of getting
a homepage from Netscape of last November, which was a few months old
at the time (and their homepage changes each day).

I did quite like that Netscape's proxy added Cache-last-checked to
the headers.

  HTTP/1.0 200 OK