squid 1.0.17 no proxy for numeric ip address in URL filed

From: Don Rolph <w-rolph@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 11:43:23 -0400

Hi, I have squid 1.0.17 up and running nicely. It behaves beautifully
on my DEC Alpha OSF/1 3.2 system.

One question, I have a series of brain dead servers in our area which
return numeric ip addresses in the url, example:

    http://157.87.0.139/

We have a firewall, and it looks like all these requests are being
forwarded to the firewall, who doesn't know what to do with them.

Using the cern proxy, I would configure

      noproxy 157.87.0.139

in the httpd.conf file.

I have tried local_ip, firewall_ip, adding the explicit address to
local_domain, all without any effect.

Any thoughts on what to do? This is downright exasperating since it is
the last issue between me and production use of squid.

Thanks in advance!

--
Regards.

Don Rolph  w-rolph@ds.mc.ti.com WD3 MS10-13 (508)-236-1263