Re: Major Bug in 1.1betas (rebuild cache)

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 18:44:22 -0400

My configuration is Linux v1.2.13 running Squid v1.1.b4. For me Squid began
consuming about 94% of the CPU time after the log said it was accepting HTTP
connections. There were zero connections pending at the time.

        -Bill kb8wyp

At 12:10 AM 10/11/96 +0200, you wrote:
>Duane Wessels wrote:
>>
>>Any problems with the swap/log must be system-dependent. One change
>>which might be responsible was made to file_open(). Setting the
>>O_NONBLOCK flag was included in the open() call instead of using
>>fcntl().
>>
>>If you seem to have a problem, please report your system type.
>>
>As I wrote in my initial report, the OS here is Linux 2.0.21, now
>actually 2.0.22. Both incidents happened with 2.0.21, I've received
>other reports of such errors directly, would those folks please
>step forward and report their configuration to Duane?
>
>Mata ne,
>
><CB>
>--
> // <CB> aka Christian Balzer, Tannenstr. 23c, D-64342 Seeheim, Germany
>\X/ CB@brewhq.swb.de | Voice: +49 6257 83036, Fax/Data: +49 6257 83037
>SWB - The Software Brewery - | Team H, Germany HQ | Anime no Otaku

   * <*> Bill Wichers, kb8wyp, billw@waveform.net <*> *
  * **** Waveform Technology UNIX System Administrator *
 * * * *
* * * packet: kb8wyp@n8nnn.#semi.mi.usa.noam *
 * * * http://www.waveform.net/bill/ *
  * **** *
   * "SONET, ATM, and Microwave... The solutions for Speed" *