Re: Mirroring remote servers...

From: Pete Philips <pete@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 09:45:30 +0100 (BST)

> Is it possible to mirror some parts of remote servers, in order to be
> served by SQUID to local users? If so, how can we do it?

I think you should understand that mirroring and cacheing are two
different and distinct techniques.

> This feature could be very interesting, for example, to cache daily
> newspapers, before the users come.

I think what you are after is software to populate your cache before
your users access it. For this, I use webcopy but others are
available - I understand geturl is also popular. However, they all do much
the same.

Pete.

| Pete Philips, Network Security @ Netcom UK \|/ |
| E-mail: pete@corp.netcom.net.uk O |