Re: ftpget bug in 1.1.beta7?

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 06:57:49 +1000

Christian Balzer wrote:

> Roberto Lumbreras Pastor wrote:
> >

> >Hi all,
> >
> >I get this error whith almost all ftp://.../ URLs (it ony works
> >OK with a ftp server in the same network than my squid)
> >With squid-1.1.beta6 that error doesn't appear, so I'm using it
> >again :-(
> >My machine is a Linux 2.0.21 box. Ideas?
> [error example]
>
> I run beta7 on a 2.0.22 box for 2 days now and tried over dozen
> ftp locations after your report with no problems...

I see the 'network error' message a 'reasonable' amount of the time. Say
about 1 in 20. I also know from experience that if your parent is a
Roxen/Spinner proxy, ftp is a serious problem. Roxen/Spinner is unable
to talk to most compliant ftp systems in any sane way. It can handle
wu-ftpd, and the ancient nameless ftpd, whatever it is...and that's
about it. It hates trollftpd, it hates Microsoft's ftp daemon, and
almost everyone else's, feeding back bad documents consistantly.