Re: ftpget bug in 1.1.beta7?

From: Christian Balzer <cb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 23:11:49 +0200 (MET DST)

Dancer wrote:

[ftpget error, that I can't see. ;-)]

>I see the 'network error' message a 'reasonable' amount of the time. Say
>about 1 in 20. I also know from experience that if your parent is a
>Roxen/Spinner proxy, ftp is a serious problem. Roxen/Spinner is unable
>to talk to most compliant ftp systems in any sane way. It can handle
>wu-ftpd, and the ancient nameless ftpd, whatever it is...and that's
>about it. It hates trollftpd, it hates Microsoft's ftp daemon, and
>almost everyone else's, feeding back bad documents consistantly.

OK, that would explain my unability to confirm this, no real parents
(just Squid neighbors) here and I bet most of the places I tried do run
wu-ftpd. ^_^

Jaa,

<CB>

--
  // <CB> aka Christian Balzer, Tannenstr. 23c, D-64342 Seeheim, Germany
\X/  CB@brewhq.swb.de | Voice: +49 6257 83036, Fax/Data: +49 6257 83037