Re: ERR_CLIENT_ABORT bug.

From: Jean-Hugues ROYER <jhroyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 08:09:14 +0200

At 20:56 20/10/96 -0700, you wrote:
>jhroyer@joher.com writes:
>
>>Hi, i'm using either squid 1.0.18 or 1.1beta8 , my "access.log" is full
>>of ERR_CLIENT_ABORT ... so i decided to clean it and to test it ...
>
>First guess...
>
>Did you apply a patch?
>
>Squid's makefile doesn't have extensive dependencies, so if you apply
>a patch, you should always run 'make clean' first.
>
>If thats not it, let me know...
>
>Duane W.

No sorry, i just installed squid 1.0.18 and i saw that bug,
then i decided to remove 1.0.18 and i installed the 1.1.beta8 but the bug
remains...

When i made the tests i always deleted the cache (/usr/local/squid/cache)
before to
be sure that this problem became at the beginning of the use of squid ...
(not after
a heavy load of the cache or something like that...)

The best way to see that bug is to install either 1.0.18 or 1.1.beta8 from
a clean install
(empty cache) to open a browser , to only look at an URL and to look in the
log files...

But be aware that it only happens on some httpd servers, i mean that it
NEVER happens with
some http servers on any URL on it ... my guess is that a certain reply
from a certain
http server make squid produce an ERR_CLIENT_ABORT ...

Here is an URL where it ALWAYS happens:
 http://www.quebectel.com
Here is an URL where it NEVER happens:
 http://www.cnet.com