Re: sometimes squid proxy enters state where very little work is done

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 23:01:52 +0100

On Wed 23 Oct, 1996, Joe Ramey <ramey@csc.ti.com> wrote:
>minute. However, every day or two it gets into a state where the
>number of transactions per minute drop to nearly zero, and connection
>attempts to the proxy usually timeout. I'm guessing that this happens

any clues in the cache.log file? I've seen Squid get into a state
where it starts logging problems with dns handlers. This seems to
happen soon after a restart, if at all, though.

Of course, it could just be that your machine has started swapping,
if it really does happen after a couple of days. (Those issues have
been discussed quite a bit, here).

James.