Re: Accessing wwwcache.hensa using squid (fwd)

From: Andrew Cormack <Cormack@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 08:38:07 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, Martin Hamilton wrote:

> Anyone handling more than 3 million HTTP requests a day ? :-)
>
> Martin

I looked around for large harvest/squid sites when sizing ours over the
summer. The largest cache I could find with Web documentation was SingNet
which was claiming about the same number of requests as HENSA (about
1.5/day, if I remember correctly), using 2 DEC boxes. That was with
Harvest 2 rather than Squid.

My Cardiff cache is now handling about 150K TCP requests a day and 100K
UDP's from neighbours (Bath and Hull), if you want to add that into the
cumulative UK count,

Andrew

       | Andrew Cormack               | email: cormack@cardiff.ac.uk     |
       | Information Systems Support, | snail: 40/41 Park Place, Cardiff |
       |    postmaster and webmaster  |        CF1 3BB                   |
       | University of Wales, Cardiff |                                  |