Re: Only access to cached objects

From: Serge A. Krashakov <sakr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 13:45:50 +0400

Markus Hofmann <i469@stio1.sari.fh-wuerzburg.de> writes:

> Is there a way defining acl's that some maschines of the internal net
> (with special IP's) only can access cached objects and that squid doesn't
> try's to load the requested URL (not direct or from parent/neighbour)?
> I'm using squid 1.0.17 on Linux.....

This is possible starting squid-1.1.beta5 when new TAG: miss_access was
appeared (but I haven't check this yet). You may set up:

acl badclients src xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/32 ...
miss_access allow !badclients
miss_access deny badclients

By default, squid allow all clients who passed the http_access rules
to fetch MISSES from your server (e.d. send GET requsts direct or to
parent/neighbour).

Serge Krashakov.