Re: Squid and virtual domains

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 17:24:20 +0000 ()

Hi,

Rudy Amid wrote:
> How does one configure Squid for virtual domains? I am running Apache
> 1.1.1 on BSD/OS 2.1 with 2 virtual domains. Squid is running as httpd
> accelerator.

Currently, you have to use IP-intensive virtual domains (the Apache
way before Apache 1.1). For Squid 1.0, you'll have to run multiple squid
processes, each with their own config file, swap directory, and log files.
Each of these should bind to the different addresses, and each should
have its own separate values for httpd_accel.

For Squid 1.1, you can use the redirector feature.
Read doc/Release-Notes-1.1.txt. The idea is that Squid will give the
IP address it connected to as a URL to the redirector. Your redirector
program will take care of rewriting these as the actual hosts.

If you want IP-saving virtual hosts that work on the Host: header,
the same way Apache 1.1.1 does, I'm doing some work on that, and
hopefully, some useful docs as well. :)

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>  http://www.iphil.net/~map/  PGP: 0x43F0D011
iphil communications:  isp/intranet design and implementation, makati city, ph