Re: Squid and virtual domains

From: Rudy Amid <rudy2@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 14:07:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using the ifconfig alias for virtual
domains and I find that if I configure just one squid to listen on port 80
for just one IP address, I'm still connected the other virtual IP address
into that same one! For example, http://www.virtual.hcl.com:80 still
translates to http://www.virtual.com:80. The real server is listening on
port 81. I'm not sure if Apache 1.1.1 lets me configure the virtual
hostname to listen on other ports. That way I don't have to run more than
one squid on a less busy virtual hostname.

regards
Rudy