Squid on BSDI

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 18:02:28 -0500

I am running Squid v1.1.b10 on BSDI and I need to know how to make it run in
the background. Currently I have it starting from the rc.local file, which
works fine under Linux, but on BSDI it brings Squid up in the console. I
need to have squid either come up in the background (preffered), or start in
a different virtual terminal. Any ideas on how to redirect the console under
BSDI or better yet, how to get Squid to start in the background?

I have also noticed one bit of wierdness with Squid between my two
BSDI machine and my one Linux machine... The Linux machine very rarely
encounters any xmalloc problems, yet under BSDI I see xmalloc errors logged
in Squid much more often. It seems to happen only under heavy load conditions.

        -Bill kb8wyp

   * <*> Bill Wichers, kb8wyp, billw@waveform.net <*> *
  * **** Waveform Technology UNIX System Administrator *
 * * * *
* * * packet: kb8wyp@n8nnn.#semi.mi.usa.noam *
 * * * http://www.waveform.net/bill/ *
  * **** *
   * "SONET, ATM, and Microwave... The solutions for Speed" *