Re: Overriding client reload

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 10:24:48 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> I would like an option to override the currently non-conditional reload a
> client can issue and send an IMS instead.

Sounds like it might be a good idea (at least optionally, anyway) - I
mean, the whole point of a "reload" is to get the latest object, right?
If the object on the originating server hasn't changed since it was last
stored in a proxy's cache, why should it be completely transferred from
originating server to proxy again?

Cheers..

dave