Re: Squid vs OVID

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 10:33:05 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Russell Street wrote:

> In particular, OVID accepts an HTTP 'POST' request, produces HTML that
> then lets the user select a database and does a 'GET' request. This
> fails the first time, but if you hit 'reload' on the error page it
> works.

This sounds familiar - the error users are getting, is it:

 ---

The following error was encountered:

      Unsupported request

This means that:

    This request method is not supported for this protocol.

 ---

If so, then tell OVID to fix their "broken" (IMHO) HTML; our Library
has a "decorative" push button on a Web page that takes you to the ABS
Gopher server - via a "POST" request in a "fake form".

Result? A "POST" request for a "Gopher" item is sent through Squid, which
(IMHO) is correctly rejected (1.0.18).

Cheers..

dave