Re: Artificially Intelligent Squid

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 11:25:56 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 10 Nov 1996, Chris Jason Richards wrote:

> Is it possible for squid to use some sort of ai algorithm to determine if a
> page has recurrent updates at approximately the same time? Not being a huge
> AI buff, I have no idea the requirements on the CPU... nor the extra disk
> usage for data keeping.

Maybe not within Squid itself, but some form of intelligent "analyser" for
Squid's logs maybe - and periodically email suggested config changes?

Dunno .. sounds great, but I keep worrying everytime I see how large the
logs grow on a daily basis (and I still end up throwing megabytes away).

Cheers..

dave