RE: Spreading cache over several disks ..

From: Ong Beng Hui <ongbh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 22:56:46 +0800 (SST)

> Well it looks like you're right. I've tried to put wanted size of the
> caching directory in the "cache_dir" line on the suggestion of
> Mr.Ong Beng Hui but when I look a bit through the code,
> I could not find no code that actually reads this parameter.

I have to apologize for overlooking that parameter.
Apparently, Harvest Cache offer this facility but
not Squid at the moment.

Another option that you might try is to increase the
number of directory in the larger partition, hence,
increasing the amount of cache data that it can
hold. It does seems to distribute the disk usage
evenly.

*8)
Ong Beng Hui
ongbh@singnet.com.sg