Again: Minimum Life Time

From: Ralf Rudolph <ralf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 16:25:31 +0100

Someone asked this a new weeks ago, but in my digests I could not find an
answer. As I have the same problem now, I ask it again:

Is there a way of defining a MINIMUM cache time for objects? YES, I know
that in 99% of all standard situations you should not cache any object too
long, especially when the server says, "hey, this one is only valid for 10
minutes". But I really do need this, and I do really know what I ask for.
Really.

The optimum way of defining this would be in conjunction with regular
expressions, so that I can define "cache at least 2 hours anything that
comes from www.foo.org". Maybe in conjunction with the (very powerful) ACL
system.

If there is no way using the standard config (I could not find anything in
1.0.17, but i am willing to update if it helps), maybe someone can give me a
hint in what module the lifetime is calculated, because then I would need to
patch the sourcecode then.

Thank you for any hints!