HitRatio low?

From: Ralph Tremmel <tremmel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 96 10:20:31 +0100

hello,

I've copied squid from squid.nlanr.net recently.
We are a domain of about 30 hosts and 80 users (I guess that
only half of our users takes part in squid caching).

I've also set up the cachemgr.
It seems to work fine. But I have a few questions concerning cachemgr:

The cachemgr (Operation: Utilization) shows HitRatio=0.17 for HTTP
after about 2 week running.
1)Is this a 'good' HitRatio?
2)What is a 'good' HitRatio?
3)How can I instruct cachemgr to include the last n days only?

PS:
Perhaps the answers can be found in your "Archive of squid-users messages".
But unfortunately the connection from Germany to USA is completely
overloaded and to check the archive (via web) is almost impossible.
(It would be a great help to mirror the archive to a point in europe too.)

Thank you for any help.
Regards
Ralph Tremmel