Re: Converting squid.conf and cache dir to 1.1

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 96 10:44:57 +0100

On Sunday 17 November 96, at 23 h 24, the keyboard of Mario de Mello
Bittencourt Neto <mneto@buriti.com.br> wrote:

> Hi all, I am using squid cache since 1.0beta7 and since the 1.1 seems to
> be released soon I would like to know which is the "safer" method to
> upgrade both squid.conf and the cache dir.

cache dir :

rm -rf /usr/local/squid/cache
mkdir /usr/local/squid/cache

Then, let Squid 1.1 reloads it. Unless you pay your link by the byte,
trying to convert the cache is a waste of time.

squid.conf :

By hand. Note that most of the file is the same in 1.0 and 1.1 and Squid
will log the problems (old keywords like ttl_pattern). Just check the new
src/squid.conf to be sure you do not miss an useful novelty.

> I have read the cache dir format has changed. Will I loose all the cache
> data ?

Yes. So what? You do not upgrade to a different cache format every day?