Suggestion....

From: Jonathan Larmour <JLarmour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 22:47:26 +0000

Can I suggest that after 1.1 is released, no code development other than bug
fixes is done until the documentation (as seperate from the FAQ), FAQ, and
web pages are improved greatly?

Of all the things about squid, this is the area where it can't compete with
(or rather, the only area in which it doesn't beat :)) other web caches. The
majority of recommendations I've seen (and posted I'm afraid!) about squid
say that its definitely the best, except that the documentation is poor.

Another suggestion: a squid-dev list for developers, that may make it easier
for more people to help with the coding, so Duane doesn't have to do it all!
squid-bugs would forward mail onto it, then various people can say that they
will try and implement the bug-fix/feature/documentation/whatever. User
questions, i.e. how to install/configure squid would remain on squid-users.

Does anyone think these are daft suggestions/can suggest something better?

Jonathan L.
Origin IT Services Ltd., 323 Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, England.
Tel: +44 (1223) 423355 Fax: +44 (1223) 420724 E-mail: guess...
-------[ Do not think that every sad-eyed woman has loved and lost... ]------
These opinions are all my own fault.