Parent? Sibling? can't do what I want it to..

From: Simon Hall <simonh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 19:49:02 +0000 (GMT)

What I need is for this to work,
where the.machine.abroad has an IP of an.ip.num.ber, and in my case, is
not on my LAN.

====

acl cache_abroad src an.ip.num.ber/255.255.255.255
[..]

cache_host the.machine.abroad parent 3128 3130
[..]

cache_host_acl the.machine.abroad !cache_abroad
====

and a similar configuration at the other end.

The effect being, that all MISSes are passed to the.machine.abroad, EXCEPT
for ones originating _from_ the.machine.abroad. This enables the two
machines to be each other's parents, much like the spouse type was
intended to be.

So: I can't see a way of doing this, because although syntactically
correct, the above config fails. Can it be done? is this going to be
supported soon? Otherwise, I'll have to hack something myself...

(Hi, David)

Simon.

--
 Simon R. Hall                           Webmaster & Network programmer