Re: HTML Objects.

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 23:54:16 +0000

On Mon 2 Dec, 1996, Alessio Bragadini <alessio@unipi.it> wrote:
>HTTP/1.1 does, by Content-MD5 header: it's a MD5 digest of the
>object. That leads to wonder when (and if) Squid should go to be fully
>1.1-aware.

but how is the client expected to get that for an unseen before URL,
without getting the whole thing? HEAD? We all know why IMS queries
were so popular...

Some form of conditional MD5 GET would make it easier to know if an
object has changed, maybe, but that's really about it.

URNs really are essential to solve this problem of duplicated objects,
I think.

James.