Re: HTML Objects.

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 01:01:31 +0000

On Tue 3 Dec, 1996, Jef Poskanzer <jef@ee.lbl.gov> wrote:
>>We all know why IMS queries were so popular...
>
>Was this sarcasm? The web server I run has never seen more than 8% IMS
>queries.

ok, I should have made it clear that I meant more popular than issuing
a HEAD request to achieve the same thing.

My point was that knowing the MD5 hash of an object is only
part of solving a problem.

(Still, 8% of a large number is still quite a lot of queries. If we all
switch to Squid 1.1, and more people start using similar software, I'd
expect to see the number rise)

James.