Re: store.log format

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 96 15:15:53 -0800

richards@cs.tamu.edu writes:

>what is the format of the store.log ? I am interested in the -1 and [-1s]
>that is prevalent throughout the file.

Actually the store.log format has just been changed. In the old
format you are referring to the 'expires' value. This used to have
more meaning when we calculated an exact expire time for every object.

The new format logs three values: the date, last-modified, and expires
values from the reply headers. The value -2 is used to indicate the
absence of the header. The value -1 means it was present, but could
not be parsed.

Duane W.