Re: badly need help here...

From: Francis Vidal <francis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 09:06:42 +0800 (HKT)

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Leo David wrote:

> gabriela.ph.net <--- web server
> pira.ph.net <---- my other server
>
> I have placed the SQUID in pira. My SQUID runs okay.
> I had cached several internet objects but whenever i try
> to access that same object, it doesn't access the proxy cache
> but it goes to the source object. Why is this so?

what same object? i use to FTP from tucows.com and the app that i
downloaded from there is still in the cache and i didn't have problems.
maybe the object changed that's why it went to the source.

> And what should i execute : squid, RunAccel or other
> and whats the difference between these?

RunAccel --> if you run HTTPD accelerator
RunCache --> execute this script if you want your squid to recover from
             crash and you're not there

... [ francis vidal ] systems administrator, @usls, univ. of st. la salle
    0973.220416 (cell) / +034.435.2324 mailto:francisv@mozcom.com
    http://www.lasaltech.com/~francis mailto:francis@usls.edu
    P G P key available at ftp://ftp.usls.edu/pub/pgpkey/francis.pgp