Re: Secure HTTP

From: Jonathan Larmour <JLarmour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 1996 19:42:45 +0000

At 18:33 06/12/96 GMT, Blaise Thauvin wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Sorry if this is a FAQ but I am a newcomer to this list and I did not find
>the answer in the different www sites I've visited.
>
>One of our users needs to download a file from a site using secure HTTP. I
>don't know much about this protocol but it does not seem to go through the
>cache. Do any of you has any experience on this topic?

There shouldn't be a problem if squid is set up right. Or do you mean it
specifically isn't cached rather than just proxied, because that's entirely
correct as you don't (can't) cache SSL encrypted requests.

JL
Origin UK, 323 Cambridge Science Park,Cambridge,England. Tel: +44 (1223) 423355
--------[ Do not think that every sad-eyed woman has loved and lost... ]-------
Help fight spam! http://www.vix.com/spam/ These opinions are all my own fault.