Multiple accelerators?

From: Gordon Henderson <gordon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 14:18:19 +0000 (GMT)

Is is possible to get squid to act as an accellerator for N remote web
servers? I have an farm of web servers that I need to accelerate, and at
present, I'm looking at one box running squid per remote server and that
doesn't scale too well!

What I recon I'd need to do is create N aliases on the squids ethernet
port, (the way you do when running virtual web servers on the same host),
giving each alias the name of the remote server (rename the remote server
to something like real-www.dom.ain) and give squid the mapping between
local alias and remote server ...

Anyone doing anything like this? The remote servers are on relatively slow
lines and I'm looking at providing some sort of speedup for them.

Gordon