Re: Microsoft Active Server Pages

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 21:56:13 +0000

On Thu 12 Dec, 1996, Torsten Sturm <sturm@axis.de> wrote:
>a new problem is coming up with the extensions of IIS 3.0:
>Active Server Pages.

(covered before, though we didn't know what MS called them)

You don't say what version of Squid you're using...

>The proxy does not recognize the dynamic changes of WWW-pages created throug
>the MS Active Server Pages technology. Sometimes these pages have the
>.asp file name ending, which could be parsed, but sometimes not.
>
>Just try it with
>http://www.microsoft.com/iis/default.asp

which returns in the headers:

  HTTP/1.0 200 OK
  Server: Microsoft-IIS/3.0
  Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 21:51:53 GMT
  Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONID=LSSOTIMHOZAQHCEY; path=/iis
  Cache-control: private

if you're running a recent Squid it should work, because they understand
the 'Cache-control: private' header.

Of course, when it comes to what your *client* does, all bets are off.

James.