Re: PUT under squid-1.1.0

From: <Jason.Haar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 10:01:55 +1300 (NZDT)

On 11 Dec, Jason.Haar@trimble.co.nz wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I've been away from this list for a while, and in my new job they're
> wanting to be able to "upload" files via the squid server.
> Unfortunately, it looks like it isn't supported (I see "501" errors
> whenever a "PUT ftp://ftp.site.com/pub/incoming/xxx.yyy.tgz" is
> attempted).

I had a couple of replies to this - but I still can't figure this out.

We're behind a firewall, so could someone tell me how to configure
squid-1.1.0 to support PUT to machines that are both in front of _and_
behind a firewall? I can't get either to work... :-(

Also, is there any reason why SSL (CONNECT) fails for me if I don't use
"ssl_proxy"? Again, if I set it, I can get SSL queries to work to
Internet hosts - but the proxy I forward it to doesn't look back into
our own network - so our own SSL servers aren't accessible.

I guess the bottom line is that I can't understand why CONNECT and PUT
statements are treated differently than GET/extra when it comes to
proxying...

--
Jason Haar, Unix/Internet Support,
Trimble Navigation New Zealand