Selective password-protecting of proxy

From: Dave Murphy <David.Murphy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 12:25:47 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
        Is it possible to selectively requre a password to access a
squid-1.1 proxy? I'd like to allow all machines on one subnet to
access our proxy, but requre a username and password from users on
other networks - I'd hoped I would be able to require a password for
one acl, but not to require one for the other acl, but (as far as I
can tell from the sample config file) it's all or nothing - am I
missing something? I'd prefer not to run two squids if I can help it.

--
Dave Murphy <--> (co) System Administrator <--> DCU Networking Society
http://WWW.RedBrick.DCU.IE/~drjolt mailto:David.Murphy@RedBrick.DCU.IE