Re: Virtual Domains and Squid on One Machine

From: David Ponzone <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 13:01:20 +0100 (MET)

> Hi,
> I'm using BSDI 2.1 and running Squid just fine, but....
>
> When people are configured to use the cache, they can't get to any of the 50
> or so virtual domains which are also hosted on that machine.
>
> Am I missing something basic? If so, my appologies.
>
> Thanky'all

I think this is more BSD/OS related, but nevermind, It could help a lotta people

Are u sure you have added routes to your IP aliases ?

I mean: a BSD/OS host is unable to ping an IP alias defined on itself.
It doesn't install a route when you use: ifconfig foo0 alias x.y.z.t.

You must add:
route add x.y.z.t -interface 127.1

for each IP alias.

Hope this helps.

--
-- David Ponzone - ISDnet - Network Administrator --
   Pager: 06 06 41 82 45    Cell: 06 60 61 21 63